Building on years of training in residential energy efficiency, Interplay Energy introduces a simulation training game designed to accelerate the learning of combustion appliance safety (CAS). Much like flight simulators used for pilot training, INTERCAZ™ is a cost effective tool that helps contractors and students master Combustion Appliance Safety by engaging them in an immersive, life-like and fun training game.
>> What is it?
Intercaz is a comprehensive Combustion Appliance Safety training simulation program.
- Delivered over web; accessed through Internet Explorer (32 bit), Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Currently, not compatible with Mac/Apple.
- Scenario engine with numerous scenarios and endless variability
- Matched to BPI standards (there is also a version available for RESNET standards)
- 3-D equipment and appliances make the simulation feel like a real world environment
- Built on principles of effective game-based learning
>> How does it work?
Game-based training has been shown to be an effective and efficient way to increase skills and improve knowledge retention. Based on fundamental learning principles, INTERCAZ allows for:
- Incremental, self-paced learning
- Immediate feedback loops
- Measurable results: scored and feedback provided
- Practice, practice, practice . . .
>> Who should use it?
Anybody looking to accelerate the learning of Combustion Safety, including:
- Training organizations for Building Performance Institute (BPI) or Residential Energy Services Network (RESNET)
- Weatherization training organizations
- Utility program providers needing additional training opportunities and looking to reduce risk and liability.
- Individuals preparing for certification tests or real world audits
>> What does it cost and what's included?
- $249 per user license
- All licenses are issued on a per user, individual basis and are active for a period of 365 days.
- 1-year renewal fee of $13.99.
- Each licensee gets their own personal learning portal which includes:
- Eleven instructional videos on building science and game play
- Archived game plays to track personal progress
- Volume discounts are available for training and education organizations.
>> Is the game eligible for BPI Continuing Education Units (CEUs)?
- Yes. The game is eligible for 10 CEUs. You will need to score 85% or higher on each of the three levels: Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced.
- There is not a more economical and fun way to get CEUs while improving a very important skill.
Want to learn more?
Contact us at